Choose a day to view events
Hawaii Small Business Conference on Maui
On May 3 & 4, 2017, Maui Economic Development Board in collaboration with the County of Maui Mayor’s Office of Economic Development, will present the first-ever Hawaii Small Business Conference at the Maui Arts and Cultural Center in Kahului, Maui.
The theme of this year’s conference is “DESIGN, PROTECT, ENGAGE: Small Business Strategies for Success. Small business owners, start-ups and entrepreneurs interested in taking their business to the next level are encouraged to attend.
During the full-day Conference on Day 1 (Wednesday, May 3, 7 am - 5:30 pm), attendees will have an opportunity to network face-to-face with innovative business leaders and hear their insights, best practices, and tricks of the trade on various topics – customer service, marketing, data security and risk management. Presenters will include:
- Maggie Bayless, Co-Founder and Managing Partner of ZingTrain helps companies improve their bottom line through the Zingerman’s Bottom Line Training® approach for more than two decades.
- Petra Marquart, President of Petra Marquart and Associates helps businesses unlock The Power of Service: Keeping Customers for Life, and addresses service from all aspects: structural, interpersonal, and systemic.
- Albert Samuelian, Managing Director at OMD West and Strategy is a strategic minded marketing professional with 20+ years of experience leading high-profile businesses and developing data-driven, multi-media global communication strategy and plans.
- Edward Arias, Special Agent with the FBI and a member of the Cyber Crime Squad in Honolulu since 2006 investigates internet-related crimes.
- Michael Miranda, Director for Information Security at Hawaiian Telcom manages the Corporate Information Security team responsible for the company’s network, systems and data.
On Day 2 (Thursday, May 4, 8 am - 3:45 pm), workshops led by experts in customer service, tax mitigation, human resources and marketing will be offered.
The Conference on Maui coincides with National Small Business Week, an opportunity to recognize the critical contributions of America’s entrepreneurs and small business owners.
Cost is $85 per person for the full-day Conference on May 3, includes a luncheon and exhibits. The May 4th Workshops are $45 per workshop. Attendees can also save $10 by registering for the Conference plus one or both workshops, or by registering for both workshops.
Various sponsorship opportunities are available for 2017 Hawaii Small Business Conference. Companies interested in exhibiting their goods and services for small businesses are also encouraged to participate. For information on sponsorships and exhibitor opportunities, visit www.HawaiiSmall.Biz, email firstname.lastname@example.org call (808) 875-2300.
Date: Wednesday, May 3rd, 2017 to Thursday, May 4th, 2017
Time: 7:00 am to 5:30 pm
Cost: Cost is $85 per person for the full-day Conference on May 3, includes a luncheon and exhibits. The May 4th Workshops are $45 per workshop. Attendees c
Categories: Business / Finances, Classes / Seminars / Lectures, Meeting / Conference
Maui Arts & Cultural Center
One Cameron Way
Kahului, HI USA 96732
Island Area: Central Maui
Location Specifics: 1 Cameron Way, Kahului, HI 96732