Choose a day to view events
Maui Mauka Conservation Awareness Training
Three hour training on Maui's natural environment to inform tour guides, informal and formal educators, and general public. These trainings focus on watersheds, native plants and animals, and invasive species. Presentations are simple, educational, fact-based and are taught by members of conservation organizations.
• Introduction to the natural history of the islands
• East Maui Watershed Partnership: Facts on how a watershed works, the conservation efforts to protect it, and endemism in Hawaiian plants.
• Maui Invasive Species Committee: Facts about the rate of new species to the island over time with examples of invasive species and what should be reported if seen.
• Maui Forest Bird Recovery Project: Facts about native forest birds: how they got here, why they are unique, the threats they face, and conservation and recovery actions.
• Guest Speaker: New environmental expert each training. They will share information about their area of expertise.
• Facts that you can share
• Informational cards to use for tours
• Volunteer information
Date: Monday, October 19th, 2020
Time: 9:00 am to 12:00 pm
Categories: Animal Related Event, Environmental Event, FREE, Non-Profit Community Event, Sustainability Event
Contact: Laura or Allison